About 50 million, i.e., nearly 15 percent of the US population, participate in jogging or running – according to the 2020 sports and fitness report. The number is only increasing, and with such huge numbers, it is no surprise many big brands sponsor such events. It does wonder to their marketing efforts because it helps to reach more people by creating goodwill. The power of a running/ sporting event to raise funds or get brand exposure is unparalleled. If you are an entrepreneur or a marketing manager of a company, you need to consider sponsoring these events. However, if you had the means of sponsoring an event like a Boston marathon, you wouldn’t have been reading this blog. But, running events comes in various shapes and sizes, from 50k people to 500 people, and you can sponsor those small events without much marketing budget with custom athletic socks. You will generate goodwill and brand exposure if done correctly, regardless of the number of people.
Reasons to create custom socks:
- Reaching out to a specific audience: People attending a marathon or sporting events have a particular profile; most are passionate about health, fitness, and improving themselves. These people are go-getters and enthusiastic, so if you can reach their hearts by distributing custom athletic socks at these events, you will have loyal customers for life. They will also help with the word-of-the-mouth campaign because they are generally more vocal.
- Build goodwill in the community: Sponsoring an event will help build goodwill. Most small organizations are looking for money to organize those events. It is an opportunity for your brand to make the event memorable without much money spent.
- Linked to positivity: Running events are a success story because it takes months or sometimes years for people to train. No wonder people feel the excitement of crossing the finish line. People will associate positive values with your brand when you create custom athletic socks for participants.
How to create custom socks for running events:
Now that you know the benefits of creating custom socks for running events, it is time to create one. If your budget allows, you can create custom athletic socks for a few participants or everyone.
Creating custom socks gives you the freedom of choosing your materials. However, it would help if you remembered that not every fiber is created equal, synthetic or organic; they differ quite a bit in feel and function. Unlike our regular daily routines, when we run, we sweat, which can be pretty discomforting while wearing regular socks. When creating socks for running, you need to consider the weather for the events.
- For cold weather: Although winter marathons are rare, they do happen. It would be better to be prepared for every occasion like rain. For these occasions, while designing custom socks, you need to choose materials providing warmth and moisture-wicking properties. Imagine the brand exposure your business will get with your logo when you help the runners to complete their run comfortably.
- For hot weather: Running in the hot weather is an entirely different game; you need materials providing breathability, moisture-wicking, lightweight, odour-resistant, and printability. It is challenging to find all these properties in one fabric; you need a blend of various materials.
Essential qualities of custom athletic socks:
Thanks to the advancements in textile technology in the past few years, we now have many options regarding a garment’s performance. Here are some of the essential features you need to keep in mind while designing your custom socks for athletes/ runners:
- Thermal insulation: Whether to stay fresh or warm, socks insulation protects the users from weather conditions. Custom socks with this technology have various layers:
- The closest layer to the skin helps get rid of sweat.
- The outside layer helps to stop the elements.
- The ‘between” layer traps the air, preventing the outside layer from touching the skin.
- Moisture-wicking: This technology allows the socks to absorb the moisture and remove it as vapor. It helps keep the athletes dry during sporting activities and provides extra ventilation.
- Water vapor transmission is the measure of water transmitted by the material; the lower the number, the better the moisture protection.
- Anti-static properties help to reduce the collection of dust on the socks. You don’t want dust and dirt collecting on the feet during running.
- Antimicrobial properties help to keep the feet odorless and rash-free. They are helpful in athletic socks controlling the bacteria growth.
List of suitable materials for custom athletic socks:
- Bamboo: It is one of the few “natural” materials suitable for athletic socks. The fabric is quite soft, antibacterial, and protects from UV rays.
- Lycra has been used for athletic sportswear, including socks, since the 50s. It is highly durable and stretchable.
- Polyester is one of the oldest fibers used for sportswear. It is lightweight and durable; the only problem is oil absorption – trapping odor in the garment.
- Tencel is a registered fabric; the material is soft, absorbent, and more relaxed, making it an ideal material for your custom socks.
- Wool: It might surprise many, but wool is a suitable fabric for sports socks. It is an insulator, breathable, and provides moisture-wicking.
- Nylon is a silky material, famous for a long time. It is durable, lightweight, and print-friendly.
Creating custom socks for running/ sporting events is one of the fastest ways to make brand exposure. However, it would help if you had high-quality custom athletic socks to reach people’s hearts. EverLighten has over eighteen years of experience creating custom socks for sports teams, universities, startups, companies, celebrities, individuals, etc.
We helped create Don – an international rugby player, now a gamer/ streamer – custom athletic socks to improve performance and comfort during long gaming sessions. These socks are also ideal for all kinds of athletic activities and help them to fuel their startup brand.
Best pricing: They are a factory for producing custom socks and not intermediaries, ensuring customers always get the best prices.
Quality in every product: They use top-quality materials and the latest processes to produce socks.
Fast turnaround time: They provide the quickest turnaround time for every order.
24*7 support: Customers can contact them 24*7 for their queries resolution; they reply within half an hour.
Real people, outstanding service: EverLighten loves helping; they offer various options.
Designs to impress: Your sock’s design will look as you imagined with help from in-house designers.
No minimum order requirement: You can order any number of socks you need; they accept every order without a minimum limit.
Worldwide shipping: They deliver worldwide, and customers can track their orders online with an order tracking tool.