Cosmetic dentistry is a treatment that can help you get the smile you’ve always wanted. If you’re tired of hiding your teeth behind closed lips or feeling self-conscious about their appearance, cosmetic dental work could be the answer. Here are five reasons why it’s worth visiting Sydneys cosmetic dentist:
The dental industry has seen significant growth in the past few years. According to the Australian Dental Association, Sydney’s cosmetic dentists increased by 28% of over the last ten years. This trend is expected to continue as more and more people begin to see the benefits of good oral hygiene and overall health.
To fix a chipped tooth.
- To fix a chipped tooth. As with most dental issues, it’s best to seek treatment as soon as you see something is wrong. If you wait too long and the damage becomes more severe, it will be harder for your dentist to treat.
- The dentist will remove the damaged portion of your tooth and fill the gap with a composite filling. It’s important to note that this procedure won’t repair all of your chipped teeth.
To improve the appearance of crooked teeth.
Crooked teeth can be corrected with orthodontics.
Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that focuses on straightening out crooked teeth. There are many different treatments for correcting crooked teeth, including:
- Braces – metal brackets are attached to your teeth, and wires are used to move them into place. These braces may have opaque or transparent bands.
- Invisalign – clear aligners worn like disposable plastic trays that gradually move your teeth into position for better alignment. They’re removable when eating, drinking and brushing your teeth; you should wear them as much as possible during the day but take them out at night before bedtime.
To replace old dental work.
- Dental crowns are a type of dental restoration that covers and protects damaged or weakened teeth.
- Dental bridges are a type of dental restoration that combines two or more teeth to create a new, longer-lasting tooth.
- Dental implants are small, artificial roots that can anchor dentures and improve your smile’s appearance.
To help combat tooth discolouration.
Tooth discolouration is most commonly caused by a combination of factors, including:
- Drinking coffee or tea
- Taking certain medications (like Tetracycline)
- Use oral rinses and whitening products that contain peroxide.
To close gaps between teeth.
If you have gaps between your teeth, this is often a common problem. Cosmetic dentistry can help close these gaps and improve the smile’s look. It’s important to note that cosmetic dentistry is not just for cosmetic reasons; it can also be used to correct crooked teeth or even worn-out or old-looking teeth.
To fix broken, worn or damaged teeth.
Broken, worn or damaged teeth can be fixed with dental implants, crowns and bridges, veneers, fillings, and whitening.
A dental implant is a small metal post inserted into your jawbone and provides the foundation for an artificial tooth or teeth. Crowns are caps placed over damaged or decayed teeth to restore their shape and strength.
Cosmetic dentistry can help!
The goal is to make patients more confident in their smiles and improve their self-esteem.
Cosmetic dentistry options include:
- Porcelain veneers (thin shells bonded to your front teeth). Veneers are great for fixing small chips or cracks, closing spaces between teeth, and reshaping crooked or misshapen teeth.
- Teeth whitening (a safe way to brighten yellowed or stained teeth). You’ll have whiter teeth right away after this treatment; however, it only lasts about six months, so you may need additional treatments to maintain them at a satisfactory level of whiteness.
Cosmetic dentistry can be an incredible addition to your life. It’s a great way to feel more confident and beautiful, but it is only suitable for some.